- SIGNIFICANT UPDATES: 12/26/21 (“Kill the Spikes” section)
- SIGNIFICANT UPDATES: 12/29/21 (“Protect the Lungs!” section)
PART 1 – I MAKE PREVENTION AN EVERYDAY PRACTICE
Prevention steps taken against Covid also help prevent any other virus, as well as many bacterial and fungal infections and even cancers, heart attacks and other chronic illnesses. I take these steps because they promote good health in many ways and improve my energy and mood.
Key Step 1) VITAMIN D3: The keystone for resisting all viral illnesses including Covid-19 is getting my Vitamin D3 levels up. I test my blood level of D3 every 3-4 months and take sun or D3 supplements to get my level above 50 ng/mL at minimum and preferably between 80 and 110. I take Magnesium (malate powder) to bowel tolerance and Vitamin K2 (2 100 mcg caps a day) so my body uses D3 effectively (K2 also helps calcium get stored properly in bones).
Key Step 2) VITAMIN C: The way I calculate my needed prophylactic dose of Vitamin C is 20-25 mg of C times my weight in pounds. For me this works out to be between 2 and 3 grams of C a day. Since Liposomal C is more easily absorbed than sodium ascorbate powder, my current dose is reasonable at 2 1,000 mg caps daily.
Key Step 3) Chaga Mushroom: I know that most people won’t think to use Chaga Mushroom, but for those who are willing, I consider it a key step for better health, especially for older people. I’m over age 60 and healthy, so I brew 1/4-1/2 teaspoon in hot water each day.
Key Step 4) To reduce viral replication and neutralize spikes, I take either standard Quercetin at 1 500 mg cap OR Quercetin Phytosome at 1 250 mg cap in the evening, AND always ZINC at 1 30 mg cap in the evening.
The five Key Steps above are items I and you should do without fail. They are critical to good health. They are critical for fighting off Covid quickly and not entering Phase 2, the most dangerous portion of Covid. It is also true, though, that I take a number of other supplements for my general health, some of which can also help me fight off Covid, should I be exposed. For your purposes, these are optional. Just look through the list and choose the one or few that you would like to add to your prevention program and skip the rest:
- Astaxanthin (anti-inflammatory) – Two 4 mg caps per day.
- C60 Purple Power (anti-inflammatory, encourages apoptosis of senescent cells, helps denature spikes). C60 is dosed by weight.
- Fisetin (helps clean the brain and gets rid of spikes) – 1/4 teaspoon of powder in the p.m.
- Melatonin (liquid and powder) – Up to 10 mg before bed. (Melatonin should only be used by adults over 30 years old.)
- Probiotics, such as Bacillus Coagulans and Saccharomyces Boulardii.
- Sappanwood (clears spleen, aids lymphatic system, heart and liver) – 1/4 mL twice a day.
- Vitamin B Complex (with 100 mg Thiamine) – 1 cap every 2 days in the a.m.
- Vitamin E Total (with tocotrienols) – 1 cap every 2 days in the p.m.
I don’t use Ivermectin (“IVM”) for prevention. Given the five key steps I take, I do not feel it’s necessary, and I want to conserve inventory for when I do need it.
PART 2 – I KEEP MY PREPARATIONS AND PLANS UP TO DATE
All that is truly necessary to fight Covid is contained in the section above. If we do just those, we are already largely armored against Covid. However, given changing circumstances and what may or may not be available to us if we do happen to get Covid anyway, we should consider other supplements and services we could add in order to take care of a Covid infection even more expeditiously and effectively. Some of these ideas below are actionable now, so as to give us aid right from the moment symptoms start. Others depend on finding doctors locally who can provide certain services that would be very handy to take advantage of.
The best way to use the rest of this paper is to simply read through each subsection and decide now what to do to take advantage of its ideas – or not. It’s up to each of us to choose what we want to adopt for our own practice and what we don’t want to pursue. Each of these subsections stands alone and can be used or skipped as we each choose. Don’t be overwhelmed by the number of options or perceived complexity. We just survey them and pick one or a few to act on. The ones we each are not interested in can be left for later or never used. Having said that, I do urge each of us to pick at least one of these next subsections and add it to our plans in case we do someday start to get sick with something that could be Covid. Remember always that with Covid, “Immediacy is Life!”
A) Protect the Lungs!
Thanks to Pawel (and his wife!), I now have data that I think helps solve what may be the most difficult issue involved in Covid infections, which is the formation of dense mucus in the lungs as the virus and its spike protein bind to cells there, causing lung damage, dry cough, and allowing the virus and spike to get into the rest of the body. His comments provide us with all the information we need to understand Ambroxol Hydrochloride’s actions against the Covid virus and spike, as well as the needed product, Mucosolvan, the only product I know at the moment that contains Ambroxol Hydrochloride.
Ambroxol, like Nebulization, will be most effective when used immediately upon symptom onset or even beforehand if I have been certainly exposed to Covid. However, because of its anti-spike actions, it can be used also in Phase 2 Covid. Since I would intend to use it as soon as I start feeling ill, I need to prepare now by having it in my home before I might get sick.
If I were to have both Ambroxol and a Nebulizer on hand, I would use both. If I had only one to choose, I believe I would choose to have Ambroxol on hand.
Because nebulizers are so versatile, though, I have purchased a table-top nebulizer and certain supplies so that I can attack symptoms at the first sign of trouble. I purchased a Pari-Trek nebulizer that can produce droplets less than 4 at ShopNebulizer, and I keep the following supplies on hand:
- 12% Food-Grade Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2): 1-4 drops per 8 mL of saline water.
- Iodine: 2 drops of 2% Lugol’s Iodine per 8 mL of saline water.
- Colloidal Silver (not proteinized silver) by itself.
- Budesonide (a non-systemic steroid for lung inflammation; by prescription) by itself OR Hydroxychloroquine (150 mg dissolved in 6-8 mL of saline, by prescription) by itself and administered during the first five days of Phase 1 Covid for peak effectiveness.
Between the Ambroxol product and the nebulizer, I believe I should be able to knock down a Covid infection within a couple of days of symptom onset. They are going to be important components in my first line of attack if I become symptomatic with something that looks like Covid.
To assist the benefits of the Ambroxol and/or nebulization discussed above or to replace either one if I am somewhere without them, I have three types of items of interest that also can protect the lungs. These work together to calm the GI tract and lungs, loosen and thin the thick mucus that can build up in the lungs, and improve immune function. Since I’m sensitive to many of the inert ingredients used in pharmacy products (as in Mucosolvan), I will focus here on products that work for me. These can work in addition to the Ambroxol and Nebulization, but they also stand alone if necessary and work together for greater benefit:
- Category One – An Antihistamine: My choice is Aller-Aid L-92. (Quercetin also helps and is part of my prevention program.) Pharmacy alternatives that have ingredients I’m sensitive to but which may work for you are Diphenhydramine or Benadryl.
- Category Two – A Mucolytic: There are a number of herbs that have mucolytic effects, including Mullein and Ivy Leaf, but in looking around, I think The best herbal mucolytic formula may be this one, so I’m trying to do some testing of it.
- Category Three – An Immune Booster: Lactoferrin. For those like me with a milk sensitivity, Organic Coconut Oil can be a good alternative.
B) Kill the Spikes!
I can use Heat, Light and Superoxygenation to kill any remaining viruses in my body (such as any that have infected my gut bacteria) and to break up or even dissolve most or all spikes into their component parts. I am using personal references and online searches to find these services:
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (“HBOT”) at a clinic with the needed chambers. I would likely need one session a day for 4-7 days, until I see little or no improvement from one session to the next. I’d need either 2 atmospheres for 90 minutes or 1.5 atmospheres for 120 minutes. I am extremely claustrophobic but can use these chambers if I know I can get out under any circumstance. HBOT does so much that is useful and is my preferred way to kill off viruses and spikes. Locations near me can be found online.
- Sauna (either dry heat or Near- or Far-Infrared). The dry heat sauna needs to be at 170 degrees for 20 minutes for full effectiveness in destroying the spikes. Sauna therapy is contra-indicated if I already have a fever. Local fitness gyms often have saunas available.
- Medical Ozonation, a treatment via a trained doctor. I can look online for local docs who can do this (examples here and here). I gather it’s simple and easy.
- Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation (“UBI”), another treatment via a trained doctor. This involves removing a small amount of blood from the patient, exposing that blood to certain types of ultraviolet radiation, and then infusing that blood back into the patient. I think this could be particularly helpful if a patient enters Phase 2 Covid, which is characterized by increasing sepsis, since UBI is known to be able to tamp that process down substantially and to restore blood oxygen levels within minutes. Again, I can look online for local docs who can do this (example click here for UBI Tech’s physician directory referral number. I gather it’s simple and easy. (My thanks to reader Barb!)
I have also found a page online where some awake doctors around the world have combined to create a very good listing of natural supplements and a few inexpensive and safe drugs to help people rid their bodies of spike proteins. They have even structured their list by “families” of products that attack the spikes from different directions. I urge you to read their page if you would like more ideas for killing spikes. Of course, some of the items on their list are items I cite here in my Ant-Covid Cookbook, but if you want options other than those I have here, this is the article for you. To go to the article online, click here.
C) Increase the doses of my “Prevention” items. What I took for prevention needs to be increased if I start to get sick with anything that even might be Covid.
- Vitamin D3 – Raise to 50,000 to 100,000 IUs a day. Decrease back to the normal dose as symptoms decline.
- Vitamin C – Raise oral dose of the liposomal or of sodium ascorbate toward 25 grams a day (to bowel tolerance) or find a local doctor who will give me intravenous C to 75 or 100 grams daily until symptoms are near to normal.
- Chaga Mushroom – 1-2 teaspoons powder a day brewed in hot water, or suck on a chunk all day.
- Quercetin or Quercetin Phytosome – Take 3 caps a day.
- Zinc – Raise dose to as much as 120 mg per day and reduce as symptoms fade.
- Selenium – Take up to 4 200 mcg caps per day, reducing as symptoms fade.
- N-Acetyl-Cysteine (“NAC”) – Raise dose to 3 caps a day for the 600 mg caps or 2 caps a day for the 1,000 mg caps.
- Other items that can be raised are:
- Astaxanthin – Raise to 4 caps a day.
- Melatonin – Minimum 10 mg, but it can be 200 mg or even 400 mg a night if symptoms are severe. (Melatonin should only be used by adults over 30 years old.)
- Sappanwood – Raise to 1/2 mL twice a day.
- Vitamin B Complex – Raise to 3 caps a day.
- Vitamin E Total (with tocotrienols) – Raise to 1-2 caps a day
D) Get my Supply Inventory Ready. Below are additional items I have purchased or can obtain quickly, so that I can add them when needed to fight an active infection.
a) I’ll add some or all of these if sick with Covid Phase 1:
- Ivermectin (“IVM”, by prescription): Normal dose has been considered to be 0.2 mg/kg or 0.45 mg for every 5 pounds of body weight. However, the Delta variant requires three times that dose, so I’ll start at 0.6 mg/kg at the first sign of symptoms.
- Artecin / Artemisia / Artemisinin is like IVM but also sequesters free iron, which helps solve a problem caused by the spike. I would take 1-2 500 mg caps per day.
- Boswellia supports a healthy inflammatory response all over the body, including in the lungs and GI tract as well as the brain. I would take 3 caps a day until well.
- Bromelain works with NAC to dissolve spike proteins. I would take 1 cap with each NAC dose.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract reduces viral and bacterial infections. I would take 15 drops in water 3x/day.
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom can reduce and heal damage to the Central Nervous System. I would take 2 caps a day while ill and then 1 cap at night for a year afterward.
- Lumbrokinase at 20-40 mg/day and/or Nattokinase at 1-5 caps/day plus Serrapeptase at 250,000 units/day and Rutin at 500 mg 2x/day all work together to provide various ways to prevent and heal undesirable clotting without bleeding risk.
- L-Lysine is an amino acid that suppresses viral replication. I would take 2-6 500 mg caps per day.
- Niacin (nicotinic acid form, the flushing kind) helps detox the body and rebuild NAD+ levels for improved energy. I would start low to gauge the intensity of the flush and work upward as rapidly as possible toward the full dose of 1,000 mg twice a day.
- Olive Leaf Extract reduces infections and lowers blood pressure. I would take 2-8 caps a day.
b) I’ll add this steroid if I’m unlucky and my Covid infection goes to Phase 2:
- Methylprednisolone (a systemic steroid, by prescription): Taken according to instructions.
c) Alternatives to IVM if I can’t get IVM:
- Artemisia annua or Artemisinin – As mentioned above, I use Artecin.
- Nigella Sativa (seeds or oil). Also known as Black Seed Oil. Available from many sources.
- Fucoidans. I would take according to the bottle’s instructions.
- Fenbendazole (“FB”), available at Happy Healing LLC. I would take about 200-250 mg of FB with one of the caps of Vitamin E Total that I would be taking at night.
E) Monitor my Blood Oxygen Level. To help me monitor my pulse, blood oxygen and heartbeat, I have purchased a neat little finger monitor.
F) Prepare to Reduce Opportunistic Infections. As we all know by now, Covid illnesses are often accompanied or even assisted by a bacterial or fungal infection, such as Prevotella, usually in the lower lungs, which can result in lung damage, pneumonia (usually double), and severe breathing problems. It is imperative that any illness that begins with any indications that the illness is Covid be treated by antibiotics at the first sign of lung involvement to prevent/minimize opportunistic bacterial and fungal infections.
- Possible Herbal Antibiotics: I have two herbal antibiotics in my inventory. I would start with one of them. They are Cryptolepis sanguinolenta or Sida acuta. They work better when taken with a synergist, such as Licorice Extract or Colloidal Silver. Given that we are dealing with a virus, I may also use both Chinese Skullcap and Isatis herbal antivirals.
- Possible Pharma Antibiotics: If the above don’t work well enough, I may shift to prescription antibiotics, most likely Azithromycin, Clarithromycin, Doxycycline, or Amoxicillin.
- After a course of Pharma antibiotics, it can take 6-12 months to rebuild one’s gut microbiome, so I will take probiotics for up to a year after using such antibiotics. These would include Bacillus Coagulans and Saccharomyces Boulardii.
G) Other items I may add. I have other supplements on hand and may add them if it seems like a good idea. These include:
- Coconut Oil: Although mentioned above in Step A, coconut oil also provides energy that is easy to digest/absorb. I would take frequent small amounts throughout the day while ill and a larger amount before bed, up to about 7 tablespoons total.
- Milk Thistle, which protects the liver (always a good idea when sick).
- A good multi-vitamin-mineral supplement is pretty much always a worthwhile addition on a daily basis.
- Homeopathy can be used to prevent or treat a viral illness and can be very useful. Expert friends and professional homeopaths can help choose the correct treatment(s). One remedy I already have on hand is Oscillococcinum, which I will use as soon as symptoms start.
Lastly, something that should be at the top in terms of personal priority – prayer. Expect healing miracles through prayer.
COPYRIGHTS/DISCLAIMER: All Copyrights to this material belong to Stephen E. Baker 2020-2021. You may not alter this material in any way but can excerpt it. You may distribute this or any excerpt to family and friends under a personal use license. You may not distribute this material or any excerpt for money or in any commercial use. I’m not a doctor. The information below is what I actually do to prevent a Covid infection or have done to prepare for a Covid infection should I be unlucky. Verify all this for yourself and if possible, work with a doctor sympathetic to these examples. To save space here, I am not including certain cautions and concerns that you should research for yourself. You can look online for a doctor or you can find a limited list of doctors and other services HERE.