CORAC (Corps of Renewal and Charity) Region 9 will present a Field Day of homesteading skills and inspiration on a family farm in southwestern Wisconsin on Saturday, July 22 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. The day will include keynote speaker Charlie Johnston, Founder of CORAC and experts in the areas of HAM radio, off-grid cooking, tinctures, canning and more.
Charlie Johnston, Founder of CORAC speaking 10:00 am – 11:00 am.
Demonstrations of Specialized Skills beginning at 11:00 am.
- Butchering a goat/cooking
- Butchering a chicken
- Guns and ammo that do not depend on supply chain
- Portable generator information/demonstration
- Ham radio demonstration
- Learn how to grow mushrooms in logs
- Off-grid cooking
- How to make fire cider
THIS WILL BE A DAY WITH MANY DEMOS AND LIVE INSTRUCTION
- The theme is preparedness, so you will be practicing self-sufficiency by bringing your own chair, beverages and snacks. All talks and demos will be inside a pole barn.
- Location is a family farm in Lone Rock, WI.
- Specific address and further details will be sent to registrants after July 7.
- Lunch main courses will be provided, but please bring your own beverages and a dish or two to share.
Camp on the Property
- For those traveling a distance, please feel free to camp on the property.
- There is plenty of room and we are a short walking distance to the Wisconsin River where it meets the Pine River for recreation should you wish.
- Other options for travelers are local AIRBNB’s as well as hotels in Richland Center, WI, Ramada by Wyndham, about 10 miles and Spring Green, WI., The Usonian Inn or Spring Valley Inn. Both are about 10 miles.
Catholic Churches in the Area
- St Mary’s, Fennimore, WI, where the Traditional Latin Mass is celebrated. Stunning little church. Times are changing, but for now it’s 9am Mass. It is approximately 40 minutes from farm.
- Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Richland Center, WI. Mass times are 8:00am and 10:30am. Approximately 15 minutes from farm.
- St Mary’s, Pine Bluff, Fr. Heilman’s church, although he’ll be leaving end of June. It is a beautiful church and a good priest is taking over. Mass times: 7:30am, 9:15am and 10:45am. It is approximately 40 minutes from farm.
RSVP BY JULY 7TH