- Stove with a bottom-lit updraft that can burn twigs, pine needles, pine cones, etc. (Silver fire – Review of the stove)
- Stove called the EcoZoom Versa Amazon
- Dutch Oven (Rounded lid) Outdoor Cooking Adventures With Knynmanrog, Baked Bread In a Dutch Oven – YouTube
- Dutch oven (Flat lid) Baking Artisan Bread in a Dutch Oven Super Easy Recipe – YouTube
- On a wood stove Dutch oven bread – YouTube | Bread baked on top of a wood stove – YouTube
- No yeast Dutch oven bread on a coal grill SURVIVAL BREAD NO YEAST VERSION IN THE DUTCH OVEN – YouTube
- DIY Baking Soda 5 Acres & A Dream: Baking With Wood Ash? (Part 3: The Results!)(5acresandadream.com)
- Pandemic Prepsters Pandemic Prepsters – YouTube
- Don’t Waste the Crumbs “is an upbeat and encouraging blog dedicated to helping other families eat real food, and live healthier lives, without going broke in the process” https://dontwastethecrumbs.
- Prepper’s Canning Guide, 2017 Amazon
- Root Cellaring, by Mike and Nancy Bubel, 1991 Amazon or Abebooks
- Ball Blue Book Ace Hardware
- Growing and Canning Your Own Food, Jackie Clay, 2012 Amazon
- Preserving Food without Freezing or Canning, by the gardeners and farmers of Terre Vivante, 2007 Chelsea Green Publishers
- Preserving food through fermentation, Holly Howe, The Website that Takes the Guesswork Out of Fermentation MakeSauerkraut| National Center for Home Food Preservation | Canning FAQs (uga.edu)
To order prepackaged, prepared food or bulk foods
- Country Life Natural Foods Serves the Midwest.
- Emergency Essentials Ships the lower 48 USA
- 4Patriots Ships throughout the USA and Canada.
What to do if you lose power and have 3 freezers full of meat
- Have on hand multiple food-grade 5-gallon buckets with lids, as many as you think you will need and then add extras!
- Non-iodized salt (Redmond’s Earth Salt, or pickling salt, or any non-iodized food-grade salt that you can buy in 25- to 50-lb bags), more than you think you will need.
- Brine as much meat as you are able.
- For detailed directions, see “Back to Basics, How to Learn and Enjoy Traditional American Skills”, Readers Digest, 1981, p224
- If you have any means of cooking such as a propane canning stove (e.g. Simply Canning-Outdoor stove, or Amazon-Outdoor propane canning stove) pressure-can as much meat as you are able.
- Build the smoker now and practice using it now. Luckybelly-21 Homemade Smoker Plans
- Give away any thawed meat that will otherwise go to waste.
- AskaPrepper info on Potting meat
- How to Brine Meat and the Science Behind it (Dry and wet Brining) – YouTube
- Historic Food Preservation – Potted Salmon – YouTube
- Potted Beef In The 18th Century – YouTube
- Preparing Salt Pork – 18th Century Cooking Series S1E5 – YouTube This uses a hot brine.
- Canning Meat (Super Easy Raw Pack) – YouTube This uses regular brine.
- How to make dried meat at home – YouTube