SAMPLE WEED WALK
Health & Wellness – Hosted by Mick & MP
Enjoy this sample “weed walk” as an introduction to CORAC’s Foraging Education Series on foraging for wild edibles and herbal medicines. Mick of Region 6 and MP of Region 13 team up to share how it’s done in two very diverse environments including the great lakes area and the Sonoran desert.
Run time: 00h|51m|02s
The opening session is scheduled for June 7, 2002 and filling fast so reserve your spot now.
Foraging for Herbal Medicine & Wild Food
This downloadable class material provided an introduction to:
- How to forage for herbal medicine and wild foods to supplement and sometimes replace your stores for emergency use
- How to make a seasonal plan and prepare for excursions in your neighborhood and surrounding wild areas
- Tools for easily identifying wild herbals and foods and how to use them
- How to harvest what you find, and tips on preparation and storage
- Examples of the most common wild plants in the U.S., and their nutritional and medicinal benefits
WEED WALKING TIP #1
Health & Wellness – Hosted by MP
Here’s a sample “week walking” tip. Learn how to get emergency water and nutrition in the Sonoran Desert from the Teddy Bear Cholla. Presented by CORAC’s Health & Wellness team, hosted by MP of Region 13 (Desert Cactus Region).
Run time: 00h|02m|13s